Let’s get straight to it: 47% of healthcare workers plan to leave their positions by 2025 — and half of those workers plan to leave the field entirely. Yet, telehealth solutions leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) intentionally designed to elevate patient monitoring, safety and engagement can act as a tool for alleviating rapid burnout and turnover rates among staff, as well as simplifying providers’ lives.
When providers are better supported, there is a tidal wave of positive outcomes — and a drastically improved inpatient experience is among them. Here’s a look at how it can happen.
AI Empowers Healthcare Providers to Empower Their Patients
To enhance the patient experience with AI-driven telehealth, hospital leaders should first look at how these tools can simplify providers’ lives. When providers are more efficient and focused on patients, the care they offer will be too. AI offers several key benefits:
- Make Data-Driven Care Plan Decisions: AI can serve as intelligent, data-driven support for clinicians, enabling them to make more informed and accurate decisions. Real-time alerts based on patient data keep providers up to date on patient conditions, so they can ensure timely interventions. This not only enhances clinical decision-making, but also minimizes errors and adverse events to improve safety.
- Ensure Proactive Interventions with Timely Alerts: AI-driven predictive analytics can play a crucial role in identifying high-risk patients. These
algorithms analyze a patient’s medical history and real-time data to predict the likelihood of complications, enabling clinicians to proactively improve patient health outcomes — while removing several, time-intensive administrative tasks from their day-to-day.
- Combat Alert Fatigue: AI can help combat “alert fatigue” among healthcare providers by intelligently routing real-time alerts to ensure that the right provider receives the alert at the right moment. This targeted alert system prevents unnecessary distractions that providers can be bombarded with and ensures prompt responses to critical patient needs.
The connection is clear: Improving provider efficiencies simultaneously improves the patient experience.
AI Enhances the Patient Experience with Hybrid Healthcare
AI-driven telehealth solutions significantly enhance the patient experience throughout the care continuum, ensuring stronger engagement for shorter stays and better health outcomes with:
- Streamlined Telehealth Visits: Patients can engage in convenient, accessible consultations right from their hospital bed. From family members to remote care teams, everyone can actively participate — even when across state lines. Additionally, virtual visits enable follow-ups for adherence to at-home care plans after discharge, ensuring continuity and consistency.
- Predictive Virtual Sitters: AI-powered analytics tailor care based on individual patient needs, with potential to reduce the frequency of falls by up to 82%. How? Real-time data analysis and actionable insights help healthcare providers monitor more patients, more effectively, and respond promptly to any changes in their condition.
The right software will ensure caregivers can get to bedside as soon as (or even before) a fall, pressure ulcer or emergency occurs. This leads to better patient safety, fewer falls and timely provider responses, resulting in shorter lengths of stay and improved patient satisfaction.
AI Drives Operational Efficiency & Cost Savings in Hospital & Clinical Settings
Integrating AI-driven telehealth solutions into healthcare environments offers significant benefits in terms of operational efficiency and cost savings.
- Staffing: Caregivers who spend more time helping patients and less time on administrative burdens tend to stick around and stay more engaged than those who are stressed at work. AI-driven telehealth could be a key solution to the provider shortage.
- Cost-Savings: The cost-saving potential of inpatient telehealth is substantial, as hospitals can reduce the strain on their infrastructure for better resource allocation and utilization. Tools that shorten length of stay and reduce hospital readmissions help organizations minimize extraneous costs and improve short- and long-term ROI.
The Power of Vitalchat’s AI-Driven Telehealth Platform
As a leader in inpatient telehealth, we offer hospitals and clinics nationwide the opportunity to embrace the latest AI advancements without wreaking havoc on their budgets. With intuitive and game-changing solutions supporting workforce enablement, healthcare leaders can empower providers, enhance the patient experience, and drive operational efficiency and cost savings across the board.
- AI-Enabled E-Sitter: Leverages predictive analytics to monitor up to 100 patients or rooms at once, and automatically alerts assigned caregivers.
- Hands-Free Virtual Visits: Connects inpatient and remote care teams with secure telehealth calls powered by movement and voice.
- Real-Time Language Translation: Utilizes direct text-to-voice and voice-to-text translations to eliminate language barriers and help hospitals save on transcription services, with the option to automatically add closed captions to all virtual visits.
- Network Conservation: Uniquely reduces the bandwidth required by conserving data transmitted over networks and activates video upon an alert, minimizing video network requirements by up to 20-fold.
- Flexible Hardware Options: Bring your own iPad, WOW, in-room TV or computer, or use one of our cost-effective, optimized endpoints.
Hospitals and clinics should embrace AI-driven telehealth for improved patient care, satisfaction and overall success. Watch our four-minute demo and witness firsthand how it can revolutionize your organization’s approach to patient care.